Kernel thread scheduling

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Thu Apr 16 14:28:59 EDT 2015

> > First off, if it is not available as free Software, then I won't use it.
>
> That is of course your choice to make.

And it is the correct decision to make.  People who make another
decision would not care about the damage they do to themselves and
others by promoting the use of a proprietary system to access and learn
about a free software project devised to intentionally do just the
opposite and to give people access to code and ownership of their
digital system.

Why would someone sell that freedom for a minor convenience.

This has been hashed.  If everyone depended on this Software as a
Service then you would have a nice walled garden to the Kernel Code.
That would be a nice for you __maybe__, but it would be bad for the rest
of us.

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html

>> Others may come to different conclusions. I use www.google.com on a regular basis even though I can't download it.

That is not even a good analogy.  But for what it is worth, SOS is
killing free software on the google platform altogether and it is a
tragedy...  it is killing Free Software and choking the future of
development.