Kernel thread scheduling

Jeff Haran Jeff.Haran at citrix.com
Thu Apr 16 13:34:41 EDT 2015

The web site is free to use. The code that runs it is proprietary.

> How is it better than grep and sed?
> Does it work better than ctags?

Grep, sed, ctags, cscope, etc. can only find references based on text matches. C allows duplicate field names across structure definitions. When using text based browsers to look for references to C structure field names on a large project like linux such searches yield lots of false positives, thousands of them in some cases.  Coverity's browser on the other hand seems to understand C syntax. When looking for references so say struct foo's lock field, it won't show you references to struct bar's lock field. Other tools can't tell the difference.

> How can I get it to ingrate with vim?

You can't so far as I know.

> First off, if it is not available as free Software, then I won't use it.

That is of course your choice to make. Others may come to different conclusions. I use www.google.com on a regular basis even though I can't download it.

Jeff Haran