Firmware Loading every boot?

Arun KS getarunks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 23:42:02 EST 2014

Hi Jeshwanth,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 11:00 PM, Jeshwanth Kumar N K <
jeshkumar555 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Arun,
>
> Thanks for the reply :)
>
> Which means all the firmware available in /lib/firmware loads to device
> when device attached? (I mean to volatile memory of device)
>
> I have one more doubt/assumption in this.
>
> What I feel is, dynamically loading firmware is because of loading the
> firmware for specific platform. i.e. Windows and Linux firmware (for same
> device) are different, Windows loads firmware which is created for Windows,
> and Linux loads firmware created for Linux systems.

I don't think so. These binaries will not depend on OS(windows or linux)
and  will be specific to your pl310 controller.  PL310 is a microcontroller
and the loaded firmware is a program which runs on that.
It will be hardware specific. Just like you need to create different binary
for 8051, PIC or ARM.

HTH.

Thanks,
Arun