New kernel for Chipbox

Javier Martinez Canillas martinez.javier at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 08:16:28 EDT 2012

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 1:53 PM, Sertac TULLUK <sertac at merihvideo.com.tr> wrote:
> Dear Harishkumar;
>
> I already know how to find the changes, please see my 1st e-mail below.
>
> The problem is, those changes are more than thousands of lines of code, and
> hundreds of files are added or modified.
>
> I wonder, how can I apply those thousands of changes to new kernel source
> quickly and easily?

The bad news is that there isn't a quickly and easily way to do it.
The kernel doesn't have an stable API (read
Documentation/stable_api_nonsense.txt) and the ARM part of the kernel
is one of the most fast changing lately. So probably most of the
drivers and SoC enablement platform code won't work with newer
kernels.

So, this isn't a trivial task.

Best regards,

--