Kernel compilation

scott redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com
Wed Jan 5 02:10:16 EST 2011

On 01/05/2011 01:46 AM, Mulyadi Santosa wrote:
> Hi Scott :)
>
> On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:34, scott<redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com>  wrote:
>> I'm new to the list and would like to say hello to everyone. Now on to
>> the meat.
>>
>> I have tried to compile a kernel with a grsec patch 5 times now using a
>> couple of different methods and I keep getting a "No init found" and
>> "Couldn't support optional features" errors every time at bootup.
>> I'm trying to use a vanilla 2.6.32.27 kernel on 10.04 Ubuntu and it
>> compiles fine,
>> just will not boot.
> My first question is: did the patching go successfully? were you
> applying the correct grsec version against a matching vanilla kernel
> version?
>
> And last, maybe you can attach your kernel .config content...and one
> of fine people here will try to decipher what's wrong with it :)

The patch was matched and was successful. It compiled with no errors.
Just the 'no init' at boot.
I'll post my .config later today as it's late here and have to work. I'm
beginning to think it may have something to do with the limits on file
size as I got a few warnings about out-of-range sizes. I have it set to
1024.

Thanks for your reply,
Scott

Thanks for your reply.