Kernel compilation

Mulyadi Santosa mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 01:46:21 EST 2011

Hi Scott :)

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 12:34, scott <redhowlingwolves at nc.rr.com> wrote:
> I'm new to the list and would like to say hello to everyone. Now on to
> the meat.
>
> I have tried to compile a kernel with a grsec patch 5 times now using a
> couple of different methods and I keep getting a "No init found" and
> "Couldn't support optional features" errors every time at bootup.
> I'm trying to use a vanilla 2.6.32.27 kernel on 10.04 Ubuntu and it
> compiles fine,
> just will not boot.

My first question is: did the patching go successfully? were you
applying the correct grsec version against a matching vanilla kernel
version?

And last, maybe you can attach your kernel .config content...and one
of fine people here will try to decipher what's wrong with it :)

--
regards,

Mulyadi Santosa
Freelance Linux trainer and consultant