Regarding threaded irq

anish singh anish198519851985 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 07:23:37 EST 2011

I have a touch driver which is not yet using threded_irq.So i am planning to
change it to
use threaded_irq.

In the current handler they are first disabling the irq line and then
calling the single threaded
workqueue to do the rest of the task and when the task is completed i.e. in
the end of workqueue
function they are enabling the irq line.

So my question is if i change it to use threaded_irq.In the handler should i
also enable or disable
the irq as is done in the case of present handler OR i don't need to do this
step?
---i think IRQF_ONESHOT will do this for me right?

I want this threaded handler to be executing as soon as possible as i want
the latency between the
touch by the user and response to be minimum.Is there any way to achieve
this?

FYI... handler contains some I2C transfer + reporting co-ordinates to Input
core.

Does the above usecase justify changing to threaded_irq??