busybox shell doesn't come up or get stuck.. where should I look or how should I debug it?

Chan Kim ckim at etri.re.kr
Thu Aug 18 02:02:19 EDT 2022

I had mistakenly omitted '-static' option when making init program.(repeated
Hello! Print).

So now the board output looks like this.

(...)

### point 106-1

Run /init as init process

### point 106-2, ret = 0

Hello! i=0

Hello! i=1

Hello! i=2

Hello! i=115

Hello! i=116

Hello! i=117

He            <=== hangs.

So the running the 'init' program (whether it's a script or a binary
program) is ok.

The binary 'init' program stops after printing Hello 117 times so there
seems to be more basic problem in H/W or device tree.  And when the init
script ran 'exec /bin/sh', the shell didn't start so 'running exec inside a
script' can have a problem.

If anyone has a suggestion or advice, I welcome it.

Thank you!

Chan Kim