List of all available kernel modules per version

Leon Gross leon.gross at rub.de
Thu Sep 23 13:55:45 EDT 2021

> A:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post
> Q: Were do I find info about this thing called top-posting?
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.
>
> A: No.
> Q: Should I include quotations after my reply?
>
> http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top
Alright, nice annotation, thanks.

> But how are you mapping a module "name" to what it does?
modprobe [modulename] , i thought that was how a module is mapped to a
name? Or do you mean something different?

> Why does that matter?

It matters because if I have a problem to solve and I know the kernel
module that is required to do that (like nvme_tcp) then I can narrow
down which kernel to use.

> Do a 'make allmodconfig' build for every major release and sort the
> output.  Should be pretty easy to script if you really need this.
That sounds like a way to go.

Thanks alot for your help!

Leon