Unset LOCKDEP and TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT

Gilles Chanteperdrix gilles.chanteperdrix at xenomai.org
Mon Oct 5 04:19:10 EDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 08:54:25PM +1300, vibnwis wrote:

> > Saying that it is my fault for not incorporating the patch months
> > ago was an over-simplification.
>
>  It is you who admitted it is your fault. I just repeat what you said.
> However, obviously you are not happy other people say it except yourself.
>

> > I was well aware of the TRACE_IRQFLAGS issue, and in fact, you could
> > have been too, if you had done what is usually recommended and
> > browsed the mailing list archives.
> >
> You are implying, i would get it resolved even without the patch, by doing
> the recommended and browsed the mailing list archives.

Yes.

> > Going to kernelnewbies was the good solution. Our resources are
> > limited, we do not have time to teach every newbie you to
> > enable/disable an option in the kernel configuration.
> >
> Again, you are implying, that without the patch i could get the issues
> resolved. Going to kernelnewbies was to confirm my logic is correct.

Yes, people are using xenomai without Jan's patch on the ARM
platform: you have to get the CONFIG_TRACE_IRQFLAGS option disabled.

> > I have been very patient, but when someone seems not to follow
> > simple answers he is given, he looses credit and answering him
> > becomes less urgent.
> >
> Again, you blame me for not following the comments. You have been going
> back and forth on this issues. However, the evidence shows that i did
> follow and tried your comments, but not all of them are valid. And with
> others helps and my persistent, I managed to resolved some of the issues.
> Having said, I do not blame you  for giving false answers. I do appreciate
> the efforts.

We must be looking at different evidences, because I re-read the
thread again this morning, and clearly, at least for the
cross-compilation issue (the --host thing), the way I read the
evidence show that you have sent something like a dozen of mails of
random tries and issues, which could have been avoided if you had
passed the right argument to the --host option from the beginning.

> > The problem is that it would seem you have not understood how a free
> > software project support mailing list works. Our resources are
> > limited, for my part, I answer during my work, so 5 or 6 mails a day
> > is not a problem, more than that I have to stop answering and answer
> > when coming back from work.
>

> it is you who jumps to the conclusion that i do not understand how free
> software project support mailing list works. it is you who thinks i am not
> qualified in participating the mailing list. I have done my homework. i had
> tried all i could before asking questions. I never expect clear solutions
> out from mailing lists.
> For your cases, i had stated my appreciation and gratefulness to your
> assistance, didn't i?

Yes you did. I am sorry for having sent this mail. This part was
indeed a blatant lack of humility. I will stop answering now.

My apologies.
Regards.

--
					    Gilles.