Unset LOCKDEP and TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT

vibnwis vibnwis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 03:54:25 EDT 2015

> Saying that it is my fault for not incorporating the patch months
> ago was an over-simplification.

 It is you who admitted it is your fault. I just repeat what you said.
However, obviously you are not happy other people say it except yourself.

> I was well aware of the TRACE_IRQFLAGS issue, and in fact, you could
> have been too, if you had done what is usually recommended and
> browsed the mailing list archives.

You are implying, i would get it resolved even without the patch, by doing
the recommended and browsed the mailing list archives.

> Going to kernelnewbies was the good solution. Our resources are
> limited, we do not have time to teach every newbie you to
> enable/disable an option in the kernel configuration.

Again, you are implying, that without the patch i could get the issues
resolved. Going to kernelnewbies was to confirm my logic is correct.

> I have been very patient, but when someone seems not to follow
> simple answers he is given, he looses credit and answering him
> becomes less urgent.

Again, you blame me for not following the comments. You have been going
back and forth on this issues. However, the evidence shows that i did
follow and tried your comments, but not all of them are valid. And with
others helps and my persistent, I managed to resolved some of the issues.
Having said, I do not blame you  for giving false answers. I do appreciate
the efforts.

> The problem is that it would seem you have not understood how a free
> software project support mailing list works. Our resources are
> limited, for my part, I answer during my work, so 5 or 6 mails a day
> is not a problem, more than that I have to stop answering and answer
> when coming back from work.

it is you who jumps to the conclusion that i do not understand how free
software project support mailing list works. it is you who thinks i am not
qualified in participating the mailing list. I have done my homework. i had
tried all i could before asking questions. I never expect clear solutions
out from mailing lists.
For your cases, i had stated my appreciation and gratefulness to your
assistance, didn't i?

So, when someone on a free software
> project support mailing list gives you answer, you have to try and
> understand.

> If you do not understand the answer, just say so, and do
> not ignore it, trying things at random, and post more mails, wasting
> his time, and loosing credit.

Being a newbie, i am loosing my credit in whatever way i do in front of
impatient authoritative Xenomai software creator like you. If i say, "i
don't understand', you would say, please go elsewhere, this is not for
newbies. if i say, 'how this is being done', you would say ( above your own
statement) do what is recommended, search the mailing lists, you would get
the answer.

 When a mail is not answered, wait a
day or two before asking more questions, to give time to people
doing the support answer you.

This is completely irrelevant in the original issues. You trying hard to
get me and as hard as you could.

Two last URL:

http://xenomai.org/asking-for-help/=

Not achieving your goals, now you through the books.

Think again, have you really resolved the real issues? others who have or
are reading these would be puzzled what was the real issue. i will let them
to judge it themselves.