Customization of Linux kernel to port on a embedded system

Anmol Sarma unmole.in at gmail.com
Sat May 31 07:45:31 EDT 2014

Chris Simmond's introductory video series is a good place to start:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_pugJ0H50U

Free Electrons and Opersys have great free resources:
- http://free-electrons.com/docs/
- http://www.opersys.com/training/embedded-linux

If you are interested specifically in books:
- Embedded Linux Primer by Christopher Hallinan
- Building Embedded Linux Systems by  Philippe Gerum, Karim Yaghmour et al

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Saurabh Jain <saurabh4768jain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually i think i did not clearly write what i want . I am sorry for that ,
> i do not need any customized kernel image . I want to learn to make changed
> in Linux kernel , or what changes we should make in Linux kernel to make it
> portable on a embedded board in general . I need a good book or link so that
> i can get a basic knowledge about it  and than for your kind response . I am
> posting a new question again .
>

> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 12:34 AM, Manali Bhutiyani
> <manali.bhutiyani.m at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We already have many types of "customized linux" for raspberry pi..
>> Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the
>> Raspberry Pi hardware... Its opensource.. I would just start there by
>> studying the code.
>>
>> Officially supported OS distributions include Raspbian, Arch Linux and
>> RISC OS Open.
>>

>> http://elinux.org/RPi_Distributions
>>
>> Source code:
>> https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux
>>

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Manali
>>
>> On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 2:03 AM, Saurabh Jain <saurabh4768jain at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello every one !
>> >
>> > I am new to embedded systems. I want to learn how to customize Linux
>> > kernel
>> > source code to make it portable on a ARM based board (like raspberry pi)
>> > .
>> > As i said m new in this field , so any guide / link from where i should
>> > start to learn about it?

Anmol Sarma