In arm linux how multiple interrupt irq line mapped to the processor interrupt line ?

Debashis Bhowmick debashis.tel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 30 09:51:55 EDT 2014

Hi,

As we know for arm processor have only one interrupt line, so to process
multiple interrupt line, need to use PIC and interrupt vector.

we know during system bootup kernel does interrupt vector table setup at a
specified higher address.
 Now My question is when any interrupt comes how processor gets updated
which irq line has been interrupted, could you please explain how actually
multiple irq line mapped with the processor interrupt line?

Thanks,
Deba