interview question how does application connects to device

Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar chambilkethakur at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 13:49:59 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Bond <jamesbond.2k.g at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Mulyadi Santosa
> <mulyadi.santosa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 22:52, Bond <jamesbond.2k.g at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Let me know what do you understand from this.
> >

> > And Greg already kindly answer that for you too. Didn't you see his
> > answer? And why do you rant here anyway? Simply getting an answer
> > here, you already lucky and you should be thankful.
> >
> > --
> Let me know which part of answer answered as how application connects
> to particular driver.I see answer explaining finer details of device
> driver mehcanism but I did not see any where answer to original
> question or if it has been answered I probably have been stupid enough
> not to be able to
> follow it.

There have been a lot of discussion on udev and VFS and someone even
explained path of data flow from user space to kernel to end device.
you need to read more and read carefully. Besides your question is more
related to linux application programming and interface. Robert love's other
book(Linux system programming) should help you, there is one more book
Advanced linux programming, new riders publication.

P.S. And I really don't like tone of your mails.