intro / Ed W8EMV in Ann Arbor MI

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Sun May 28 14:34:35 EDT 2023

Welcome Ed. N5MLD here. I had been using an RTL-SDR device for a
couple years and packaged up the CubicSDR and SDR++ GUI packages, along
with the SoapySDR device drivers. That combination worked pretty well.
There are Soapy drivers for other hardware, but not all are packaged in
Fedora mostly due to lack of hardware in the hands of the packagers.  If
you're into 2m or 70cm APRS or other packet radio, the direwolf package is
quite good for transmitting or receiving/decoding APRS or running your own
digipeater.

73 N5MLD