Wikibook Linux kernel

Mike Rapoport rppt at linux.ibm.com
Thu May 6 07:57:40 EDT 2021

On Thu, May 06, 2021 at 01:58:35PM +0300, Constantine Shulyupin wrote:
> Dear Linux kernel documentation writers and readers:
>
> Writing Linux documentation is a huge complex collaborative process.
> To make it better I invite you to contribute to
> https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Linux_Kernel .
>
> Main benefits of the book:
> - Readers friendly architecture
> - Convenient common wikimedia format

I know people that would disagree with these points ;-)

> - Hosted on wikibooks.org
> - Updateable by everyone.

And this point also has dubious value. All in-tree documentation is
carefully reviewed. It might be outdated, yes, but at least at the time it
is written we know it is correct.

This is not necessarily a case with an open wiki.

> I've designed the front page matrix table of contents and composed
> draft articles with outline, links to kernel documentation, sources
> and other resources. Sometimes visitors of the book contribute to it.
> My vision is to have a complete updated wikibook about Linux kernel
> written by many experienced developers. Please vist page
> https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Linux_Kernel/About  for the book
> desripton.
>
> Welcome to contribute to https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Linux_Kernel!

If you have ideas about how to organize and improve our documentation you
are welcome to contribute to Documentation/ in the kernel tree ;-)

--
Sincerely yours,
Mike.