Linux kernel BSP

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Apr 14 03:47:33 EDT 2021

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 07:24:29AM +0000, Pankaj  Vinodrao Joshi wrote:
> Ok, Exactly i was looking for any changes are there w.r.t BSP in
> linux-mainline kernel and android kernel but you made me clear with
> like there will be no changes in linux kernel source code including
> drivers,dtsi  right ??

No idea, it depends on your hardware.

> Yes i do agree i am paying for BSP to the board vendors but i was
> trying to get the things which needs to changes as my vendor doesnt
> provide support for android and i want to make android up with my
> device which have support for linux only.

Again "linux" is the kernel, and Android is only the userspace stuff on
top of that.  They are independent, you can run "Android" on a desktop
just fine.

Take look at the Android documentation for how to set this all up, there
are loads of resources online for this.

good luck!

greg k-h