Year 2038 time set problem

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Mon Mar 5 01:15:03 EST 2018

On 03/05/2018 01:00 AM, Greg KH wrote:
> "How many security issues were those systems
> vulnerable to over that period of time?  All of them."

So I'm understanding.  And yet, the kernel is getting harder and harder
to manage.  It takes hours to just walk through all the choices.

I went from using opensuse to using a rolling release of Artix, which is
arch based.  One of the things I've noticed is that the number of kernel
upgrades are brisk, which with opensuse, it was rare for a kernel
upgrade.  I thought most of these upgrades was updated hardware options
and features, and not security.  Opensuse would get upset if you didn't
use their derivative of the kernel.

With Artix, it really seems that kernels get upgraded weekly

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com