Linux release & branch management

Anand Arumugam anand.arumug at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 20:27:09 EST 2017

Hello All,

I am looking for some good wiki or documentation about about Linux branches
and release management. I have read in the web about the benevolent
dictator model
<https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Distributed-Git-Distributed-Workflows#wfdiag_c>
of git is used by Linus. But what I'm looking for is the actual logistical
details like what are the official blessed repos/branches that Linus'
lieutenants use and where does the patch submitted by any contributor get
to and how does it get to, etc. The recent email thread on submitting
patches to Linus triggered this question for me.

Thanks,
Anand.