Applying the pagecache monitoring patch
b03902074 at ntu.edu.tw
Sat May 27 09:59:54 EDT 2017
I've been trying to apply the patch here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/7/18/326
It is great that we can have such fine-grained monitoring on the
activity of kernel page cache, isn't it?
The author said:
My patches are based on the latest "linux-tip.git" tree and
also the following 3 commits in "tip:tracing/mm" and a "pagecache
object collections" patch.
- dcac8cd: tracing/mm: add page frame snapshot trace
- 1487a7a: tracing/mm: fix mapcount trace record field
- eb46710: tracing/mm: rename 'trigger' file to 'dump_range'
My understanding is:
- He was working on the head of linux-tip:
- The HEAD had cherry-picked from three commits at branch tracing/mm
at another repo:
- Finally, he had also applied a patch posted here:
What I did is:
1. Checkout to a commit near 2011/7/18 (the latest commit at the time
the patch was sent)
2. Cherry-picked the three commits from tracing/mm
3. Apply the patch
I failed at step 3.
Anyone has any suggestion on this?
More information about the Kernelnewbies