Understand I/O path in linux kernel
jitendra kumar khasdev
jkhasdev at gmail.com
Sat May 27 02:10:41 EDT 2017
I am looking to understand I/O path in linux kernel. Here is following
things I have tried to understand it,
1. try to understand vfs_write
2. then move into fs specific write call
3. I thought then after the call goes to I/O scheduler.
4. then low-level device driver eg. SCSI, ide
5. these drivers read/write sectors.
These are above I/O path I understood at a very high level. Please correct
me if somewhere I misunderstood.
I want to get an understanding of how blocks get read and write from a
disk. Please suggest me something that will help me to understand and
visualize data path in linux kernel.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Kernelnewbies