Problem in First-Patch-Tutorial

SIMRAN SINGHAL singhalsimran0 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 08:15:20 EDT 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Varsha Rao <rvarsha016 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Simran,
>
>> In Reloading Modules I tried the first command it works fine for me.
>>
>> git/kernels/staging$ ls drivers/iio/dummy/*.ko
>> drivers/iio/dummy/iio_dummy_evgen.ko  drivers/iio/dummy/iio_dummy.ko
>>
>> Then I tried to run second-command
>>
>> git/kernels/staging$ sudo modprobe -r iio_dummy_evgen
>>
>> I got the following error:-
>> modprobe: FATAL: Module iio_dummy_evgen not found.
>
>   Maybe as iio_dummy_evgen is not loaded it causes this error.
>
>> I am not getting what is wrong with this.
>
> You need to execute commands in following order
>
> make drivers/iio/dummy/iio_dummy_evgen.ko
> make drivers/iio/dummy/iio_dummy.ko
>
> sudo modprobe iio_dummy_evgen
> sudo modprobe iio_dummy
>
> Check if they are loaded successfully with lsmod | grep "iio".
>
> Thanks,
> Varsha

This is also not working. I am getting this error now:
modprobe: FATAL: Module iio_dummy_evgen not found in directory
/lib/modules/4.10.0-rc3+

I am basically trying to do the Task1 of IIO. Here is the link:-
https://kernelnewbies.org/IIO_tasks

In this task they have asked to use this:
$ insmod iio_dummy_evgen.ko

As this was not working, so I tried modprobe.

Thanks!
Simran