Problem in First-Patch-Tutorial

Varsha Rao rvarsha016 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 06:34:56 EDT 2017

Hello Simran,

> In Reloading Modules I tried the first command it works fine for me.
>
> git/kernels/staging$ ls drivers/iio/dummy/*.ko
> drivers/iio/dummy/iio_dummy_evgen.ko  drivers/iio/dummy/iio_dummy.ko
>
> Then I tried to run second-command
>
> git/kernels/staging$ sudo modprobe -r iio_dummy_evgen
>
> I got the following error:-
> modprobe: FATAL: Module iio_dummy_evgen not found.

  Maybe as iio_dummy_evgen is not loaded it causes this error.

> I am not getting what is wrong with this.

You need to execute commands in following order

make drivers/iio/dummy/iio_dummy_evgen.ko
make drivers/iio/dummy/iio_dummy.ko

sudo modprobe iio_dummy_evgen
sudo modprobe iio_dummy

Check if they are loaded successfully with lsmod | grep "iio".

Thanks,
Varsha