What is the fastest way to build and boot a kernel

Code Soldier1 codesoldier1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 12:20:43 EDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 1:21 AM, Sébastien Masson
<sebastien at masson.engineer> wrote:

> On 2017-04-19 20:26, Code Soldier1 wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:32 AM, Tobin C. Harding <me at tobin.cc> wrote:
>>>
>>> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 08:59:36AM -0700, Code Soldier1 wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>>
>>> Why the moniker?
>>

>> Why not ? unlike most people today I value my privacy.
>

> Hi!
>
> In my opinion, the point is not really about privacy.  Although, I
> understand you concern.
>
> As a kernel developer, the source code you will write will be subject to
> copyright matters and, if you want to contribute, you will have to give your
> agreement to this.
> This is only possible using your real name.
>
> I am inviting you to read: Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst in
> this regard.
>
> Of course, as long as you do not submit source code, it does not really
> matter.  It may be more a question of "consistency".
>
> BR,
> Sebastien.

I completely agree with you. If I decide to submit code and there is a
requirement, I will have to make a choice. BTW how would anyone verify
if I am really Joe Smith and I have not just created an email account
?

I just looked at the kernel that I am working with and it does not
have the file you pointed out to me. I read the first file and it does
not say anything about username neither did anyone objected when I
posted on netdev.

ubuntu-server:~/linux/linux-stable-v4.9.9/Documentation$ find . -name
\*patches\* -print
./hwmon/submitting-patches
./applying-patches.txt
./devicetree/bindings/submitting-patches.txt

--
CS1