What is the fastest way to build and boot a kernel

Sébastien Masson sebastien at masson.engineer
Thu Apr 20 04:21:49 EDT 2017

On 2017-04-19 20:26, Code Soldier1 wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 3:32 AM, Tobin C. Harding <me at tobin.cc> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 08:59:36AM -0700, Code Soldier1 wrote:
>> [snip]
>>
>> Why the moniker?
>
> Why not ? unlike most people today I value my privacy.

Hi!

In my opinion, the point is not really about privacy.  Although, I
understand you concern.

As a kernel developer, the source code you will write will be subject to
copyright matters and, if you want to contribute, you will have to give
your agreement to this.
This is only possible using your real name.

I am inviting you to read: Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst
in this regard.

Of course, as long as you do not submit source code, it does not really
matter.  It may be more a question of "consistency".

BR,
Sebastien.