Patch Question

Lino Sanfilippo LinoSanfilippo at gmx.de
Wed Apr 19 16:48:11 EDT 2017

On 19.04.2017 18:46, Perry Hooker wrote:

> Understood. I'm still open to the possibility that I've made a mistake
> - I don't want to re-submit the patch if my analysis is incorrect.
>
> Maybe I didn't make it clear (my apologies if so) - what I'm really
> looking for here is help confirming or refuting my work. If
> re-submitting the patch is the best way to do this, then I can
> certainly go that route.

Before you do this you should double check that the raised objections are indeed not justified.
I have not looked too deep into the code but in function WILC_WFI_p2p_rx() the buffer
is conditionally passed to cfg80211_rx_mgmt() which handles the passed data as being little endian.
To me this is a strong indication that the data in the buffer is also little endian (which is what
Dan pointed out and why the change you propose is not correct).

Regards,
Lino