Patch Question

Perry Hooker perry.hooker at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 19:07:08 EDT 2017

Thanks for the advice, Tobin - I appreciate the reply.

In this case, I've already followed your advice - I studied the
reviewer's comments with a fine-toothed comb (some of his comments
were flat-out incorrect), and traced the buffer in question back to
its source. It appears to be holding host-endian data, and it's being
cast to a little-endian type without an explicit conversion. The patch
I submitted fixes this by using the kernel-defined byte-order macros.

I've reached out to the reviewer both individually and via the mailing
list, and haven't heard back.

It's possible that I'm missing something, but I don't see what.

At what point is it appropriate to re-submit the patch?

Here's the link to the last message in the thread:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2017/4/10/1045

Best regards,
Perry