insmod failing to insert a simple module

Madhu K madhu.sk89 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 08:27:47 EDT 2016

Hi,

I am runnig 4.0.5_rc7 kernel and I built the module for same kernel.

uname -a output :

Linux BLR-PCUB-01141 4.5.0-rc7 #2 SMP Wed Mar 23 15:51:13 IST 2016 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

And my modinfo of my module is :

icense:        Dual BSD/GPL
srcversion:     1D16256F51E63BC3632B65B
depends:
vermagic:       4.5.0-rc7+ SMP mod_unload modversions 686

Regards,
Madhu