cross compilation

Shyam Saini mayhs11saini at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 19:23:26 EDT 2016

> Note that due to things like cache line misses, looking at the code will
> tell you almost nothing about which is *really* the "best" code...

I thought of counting number of instructions in disassembled code for each
case. Since I'm only replacing certain API's , rest of the code remains
same.

For example
Replacing ACCESS_ONCE() API with READ_ONCE()

Please correct me , if I'm wrong.

> Why do you need to cross-compile?  Just build the drivers as x86_64.
Pretty
> much anybody who actually *cares* about performance has moved off 32-bit
> kernels a while ago (unless you're stuck with an embedded 32-bit CPU).

Earlier, whenever I run this command

              $ make drivers/staging/rdma/
I was getting this error

CONFIG_X86_X32 enabled but no binutils support
So, I thought to cross compile for x82. But now it seems i have solved by
following this
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12501124/errors-in-compiling-linux-kernel-module-config-x86-x32-enabled-but-no-binutils>