cross compilation

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jun 6 17:46:03 EDT 2016

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 02:27:03 +0530, Shyam Saini said:

> To choose best optimized code, i need to first compile them and then
> disassemble  the compiled code, where a change in single line would make a
> significant difference in the performance.

Note that due to things like cache line misses, looking at the code will
tell you almost nothing about which is *really* the "best" code...

> So, my question is how to compile* x86 based network drivers  on x86_64
> Ubuntu machine*. Currently I'm running Ubuntu 14.04.

Why do you need to cross-compile?  Just build the drivers as x86_64.  Pretty
much anybody who actually *cares* about performance has moved off 32-bit
kernels a while ago (unless you're stuck with an embedded 32-bit CPU).