Unset LOCKDEP and TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Sep 26 21:53:20 EDT 2015

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 14:09:07 +1300, vibnwis said:

> Long story. I need to incorporate Xenoma, the open sournce real-time patch
> of Linux.

First thing to do is to verify that you *really* need the patch at all.
95% of people who think they need special real-time patches don't actually
need them.  Linux already has fairly good soft real-time support, which
is good for most stuff.

> . I could not get it work and the assistance I got suggested that the symbols
> would need to unset

So what *exactly* happened when it failed to work? The patch didn't apply?
The kernel wouldn't compile?  won't boot? Boots but no realtime?  Any
error messages?

What suggested that TRACE_IRQFLAGS would make a difference?