Unset LOCKDEP and TRACE_IRQFLAGS_SUPPORT

vibnwis vibnwis at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 21:09:07 EDT 2015

> In your first post, you had implied that you had tried  doing one or
> the other, not both.

My mistake. Apologies for the confusion

> Why are you trying to unset TRACE_IRQFLAGS, anyhow? Does it cause a problem
> for you?

Long story. I need to incorporate Xenoma, the open sournce real-time patch
of Linux. I could not get it work and the assistance I got suggested that
the symbols would need to unset. With it enabled would cause the Xenomai to
fail. However, I had made so much efforts trying to get it unset, yet no
luck.

I am a new newbie, with some experience, but not having the substantial
knowledge. For instance, I do know how to run menuconfig, but for this case
I don't know if I am wrong or inadequate knowledge for solving that
problems. However, a simple logic I applied before applying the logics I
presented above, was simply, disabled all symbols in menuconfig, and had
the .config opened in an editor. Any changes on the .config would trigger
reload contents in the editor. Having disabled all symbols, yet I did not
see any changes in terms of the two symbols. Strange right?

Can the two symbols ever able to unset? Anyone has tried that before?

Appreciate any comments.

Thank you