Best approach to explore the linux source code

Kenneth Adam Miller kennethadammiller at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 21:15:28 EDT 2015

Well, if you really only want to find bugs in kernel code (specifically
linux drivers) there was a recent white paper that came out that used
Dynamo Rio to instrument and analyze the kernel. You can (I think) trigger
simulated events to the kernel and compose a sort of fuzzing environment
against any given kernel code.

The problem with Dynamo Rio is there's currently really no Pin++, so if you
were to wish for something like a mature taint analysis or symbolic
emulation (or whatever else...) facilities that you can embed within your
own custom analyses it would be a costly manual labor operation.