[RFC] Implementing an additional TCP congestion control algorithm (TCP-PR) - communication and organisation.

michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com michi1 at michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com
Thu Aug 13 11:48:01 EDT 2015

Hi!

On 03:32 Wed 12 Aug     , Richard Sailer wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm Richard Sailer and I've started implementing an alternative congestion control algorithm for linux,
> capable of maintaining high throughput during persistent packet reordering (TCP-PR).

I am not a maintainer and I am not that familiar with TCP, but if you want my
opinion: Dealing with reordering inside congestion control sounds rather
weird. If reordering causes TCP to believe packets are lost, there will
probably be other issues as well, like sending of useless retransmits. I would
rather try to detect this kind of reordering and ignore dupacks and rely only
on timeouts to detect loss. Also, the recipient may send an ack for each
incoming data packet instead of delaying+combine acks.

	-Michi
--
programing a layer 3+4 network protocol for mesh networks
see http://michaelblizek.twilightparadox.com