[RFC] Implementing an additional TCP congestion control algorithm (TCP-PR) - communication and organisation.

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Aug 11 22:06:38 EDT 2015

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 03:32:07AM +0200, Richard Sailer wrote:
> It would be a great help for me, if you could (even if just shortly) review the mailtext
> and tell me your opinion. Please do not answer the questions in the mail, they're somehow
> meant as discussion starters for the netdev list.

I will answer one question you have, to save yourself a lot of time and
effort here:

> Hello,
> I'm Richard Sailer and I want to implement and maintain an additional
> congestion control algorithm for linux,
> capable of maintaining high thourghput during persistent packet reordering (TCP-PR).
> The main purpose of this mail is to organize, synchronize and
> communicate this work *before* I start the coding,
> to avoid a situation and patch, you and I would be unhappy with.

Kernel development is done with code, not with lots of talking about
things beforehand.  Please show up with at least a first pass of a
working implementation of your ideas to be taken seriously.

best of luck,

greg k-h