How do _you_ read the linux source?

Christoffer Holmstedt christoffer.holmstedt at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 01:45:37 EDT 2015

> There were a few things I did when starting to learn the kernel
> 1. Read Robert Love's Linux Kernel Development, I don't care how much you think
> you known about the kernel read and trace the actual kernel code with this book!!
> 2.Read a book on device drivers and the Linux networking stack, I
> read Linux networking internals for this

Thank you Nick, I'm just getting started with linux kernel development
and have been looking around for books both more general and specific
to networking. One thing in common several books I've found have is
that they are based on the 2.6 version of the kernel (or older). Some
parts have changed but are entire chapters in the above mentioned
books too old to make sense when working on version linux kernel 4.1
and beyond?