Question about fixmap

Alexander Kuleshov kuleshovmail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:15:05 EDT 2015

Hello All,

I'm reading x86_64 source code and trying to understand where are
fixmaps space in the virtual memory space. If I understand correctly
(but i'm really not sure about it), fixmap space is after vsyscall
space. As Documentation/x86/x86_64/mm.txt says vsyscall virtual space
is:

ffffffffff600000 - ffffffffffdfffff (=8 MB) vsyscalls

Also I see that FIXADDR_START and FIXADDR_TOP and are:

FIXADDR_START -  0xffffffffff779000L
FIXADDR_TOP   -  0xffffffffff7ff000L

on my machine. With these addressess FIXADDR_START/FIXADDR_TOP overlap
vsyscalls area. Is it correct case that fixmaps are in vsyscal virtual
memory space or I'm wrong somewhere?

Thank you.