VLAN tagged packets received by application are corrupted

Anupam Kapoor anupam.kapoor at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 02:21:29 EST 2014

most likely you offload enabled on your card, try disabling that to see if
tcpdump does the right thing for you

----
kind regards
anupam

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 10:19 AM, Amit Agarwal <amit at amit-agarwal.co.in>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have query on vlan tagged packets received by network interface.
>
> Problem: I have application which would receive all packets on the
> interface
> and process them ( this could be including vlan tagged packets). However
> when
> the 8021q (vlan) module is not loaded and the appropriate interfaces for
> all
> the IDs are not created I see that the application is not able to decode
> them.
> When we capture with tcpdump/tshark/wireshark as well we see that the
> packets
> are not correctly displayed. The Ethernet header type itself is not
> correctly
> identified and thus the rest of the packet cannot be decoded. What could be
> causing this and is there a way to fix this?
>
> --
>  Thanks,
> -aka

In the beginning was the lambda, and the lambda was with Emacs, and Emacs
was the lambda.