Linked lists for userspace programs in Linux

Chandrasekaran Sivakumar chandru.a6 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 14:38:19 EDT 2014

Hi all,
I wanted to use linked lists in one of my userspace programs in Linux.
I tried two methods,

1. I used the modified version of list implementation given in
http://isis.poly.edu/kulesh/stuff/src/klist/list.h for my userspace
program. But when I compiled the kernel, there were errors showing
'redefinition of struct', 'conflicting types' etc.

2. When I tried to use list.h as such without any modifications, linked
list functions in my userspace program were not identified by the compiler
and displayed as undefined.

Would it be okay to modify the variable/function names in a copy of list.h
and use it in the userspace program ?

Please advise. Thank you.

Regards,
chandru