USB Device Driver

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Fri Jun 13 10:13:04 EDT 2014

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 09:54:17AM +0200, Vlad Ungureanu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> During Google Summer of Code we are developing an USB Device Driver for an
> Android phone.

That's great, which project is doing this?  What type of USB driver are
you needing to create?  A "gadget" or a "normal" driver?  What hardware
is this for?

> Mainly we want to make an ADK driver *switch the phone to ADK mode or
> back to normal mode from inside the kernel*.

What's wrong with the ones we already have that do this?

> I looked a bit over the Internet to find a recent example of USB
> Device Drivers but the ones I have found are from 2006 or so *old
> Kernel versions*.

Not much has changed in the USB core to need to update those, what have
you found that is lacking?

> Do you guys have a more recent example, preferably not
> drivers/usb/usb-skeleton.c .

Any reason why usb-skeleton.c isn't a good example?  I like it :)

Also, USB specific Linux questions should be asked on the
linux-usb at vger.kernel.org mailing list, as that is where all of the
Linux USB developers are at.

thanks,

greg k-h