How to use .dts file for Kernel Image Compilation

sanchayan maity victorascroft at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 05:11:45 EST 2014

Hello Everyone,

I am compiling kernel image for a Toradex Colibri module which uses the
NVidia Tegra2 processor.
The device tree support and files are supplied, which i can see on the
below link.
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/arch/arm/boot/dts/?a=arm

The file name is tegra20-iris-512.dts which then includes
tegra20-colibri-512.dtsi.

I want to know how can i link this while doing "make" for kernel image
compilation. This is required as board config file is not present and the
device tree has to be used.

Based on my current findings, if the file name is for example exynos4.dts,
this will be specified in the config file with CONFIG_MACH_EXYNOS4_DT=y.

I want to know if this is the correct way of specifying a device tree file
for which .dtb has been generated?

The kernel version for which i am trying to do this is 3.12.6.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanchayan