Solving checkpatch error with lex

karthik nayak karthik.188 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 14:10:24 EST 2014

 On Thu, Dec 18, 2014, 12:37 AM Paul Bolle <pebolle at tiscali.nl> wrote:

On Thu, 2014-12-18 at 00:04 +0530, karthik nayak wrote:
> was trying to fix the checkpatch error of not using c99 comments in the
> file
> drivers/staging/rtl8192u/r8192U_dm.c
> so I wrote a lex program to do so since there were way too many to do it
> manually.
> Could anyone have a look at my lex code and tell me if I need to change
it.
> I have attached the lex code.
> As per my testing it works perfectly, would love a second opinion.

I see no reason to review someone's lex code. I guess very few people
are actually willing to do that.

Why don't you just send in the diff? Or even better, the patch you
intend to submit. Almost everybody here can read diffs or patches.

Hope this helps,

Paul Bolle

 Hello Paul,
The only reason I didn't do that is cause the file is too large to manually
have a look at, even the diff tends to be very huge.
But if you think that would help, I wouldn't mind attaching the diff.
Thanks
Karthik