Disable xhci_hcd USB 3.0 module

Greg KH gregkh at linuxfoundation.org
Mon Dec 15 16:40:18 EST 2014

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 07:32:52PM -0200, Gustavo Duarte wrote:
> Greg,
>
> Thanks for confirm my thought.
>
>  I tried with a kernel 3.16 builded by Ubuntu guys,
> http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mainline/v3.16-utopic/linux-image-3.16.0-031600-generic_3.16.0-031600.201408031935_amd64.deb
>

> And the same behaviour, the Roboot lego kit can't establishes the
> communication with the PC.
>
> Do you think that with 3.18 kernel I will have a chance to resolve
> this ? or there aren't significantly changes related tu USB between
> 3.16 and 3.18 version.
>
> I guess that the problem is on SDK library usb communication, (libusb)
> i'm going to make a research to this side.

There should not be any difference between USB 2 and USB 3 from your
userspace program's point of view, so something is wrong in the kernel.
libusb should be fine.

I suggest posting the real problems you are having here on the
linux-usb at vger.kernel.org mailing list and the developers there can help
you out.

thanks,

greg k-h