How to git clone kernel source fast?

Freeman Zhang freeman.zhang1992 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 01:22:46 EST 2014

Hi Michael,

I am an undergraduate from China. I asked a similar question in the list
several days ago.

Considering the connecting situation in my city(Nanjing, Jiangsu), I
used CHINATELECOM and it can speed up over 2MB/s when cloning the souce
tree. I don't think it is the GFW that causes trouble.

My suggestion is changing to another ISP. Alternatively, I can share my
mainline kernel tree(git cloned from git.kernel.org) with you via Baidu Pan:

	http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJ5akjD

You need to `git pull` to update it after uncompressing because it is a
little bit out-of-date.

Hope this can help!
Freeman