Remove Ban?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Dec 8 10:32:44 EST 2014

On Sun, 07 Dec 2014 22:15:13 -0500, nick said:
> Greetings Fellow Developers,
> I have finally learned my lesson as you can tell from my newest patches being
> accepted or considered in good form.

Right now,all I'm seeing in linux-next from you is 2 patches that
remove FIXME comments.  Given your previous history of submitting
patches that failed to accurately analyze C program flow, And the
commit message on one of them:

    Remove FIXME comments about needing fault addresses to be returned.  These
    are propaagated from walk_addr_generic to gva_to_gpa and from there to
    ops->read_std and ops->write_std.

doesn't actually address the question of how to deal with fault addresses.
Yes, they're propagated back - but it doesn't directly address the question
of how a fault address is handled (in other words, you failed to show that
write_std actually does the right thing once it gets whatever we send back)

I wouldn't hold my breath....