Beagleboard and Panda Board Drivers

Chinmay V S cvs268 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:18:43 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 4:58 PM, ankur dwivedi <ankurengg2003 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I cant understand why is there such a outrage against Nick. If you dont want to answer or find the question wrong please dont answer. Why reply with banners and bad remarks against a guy who is new to linux kernel development. I understand some of the questions might be naive but i think we should not be derogatory to others.
@Ankur, I completely agree with you. We should not be derogatory to
others. I DO feel bad about what i did.

I am not one to jump the gun to criticise someone; But i draw the line
now that we see people(good people) leaving the list JUST because here
is a person who has not made a single positive contribution and one
who refuses to listen to what is repeatedly told to him -
1. To Google
2. To Read and
3. NOT to force his opinions on others
(i.e NOT to contribute, NOT to reply simply to justify his actions and
NOT to do anything else before doing 1 and 2).

Dogfooding my own advise above gave me
http://youtu.be/Q52kFL8zVoM
How Open Source Projects Survive Poisonous People (And You Can Too)

Summary(for the bandwidth/time constrained)
- People are poisonous unintentionally more often than not.
- Good etiquette:
    - Avoid action paralysis. Stop asking; Stop trying to get it
perfect. There is no try, Do.
    - Stop arguing with counter-opinions; Go ahead and DO it. SHARE
it. THEN discuss it.
    - Do NOT monopolise threads by filibustering.
    - Do NOT be a lone-ranger pushing your opinion with every
alternate reply in a thread.

-CVS

<start_of_keyboard_diarrhea>
PS: One good i see coming out of this is that a lot of newcomers to
the list are getting to read carefully-worded guidelines that describe
ALL the things **NOT** to do here.

PPS: Do you see why this is poisonous? How we ended-up spending our
time and other people's attentions WITHOUT actually contributing a
SINGLE thing to the technical discussion.

PPPS: Can a moderator step-in and send in a consensus email that
summarises what we do about this - something? anything? nothing? (if
"nothing" then this is a democracy and everyone is free to do as they
please and in due time we will tend to reach an unofficial consensus
regarding how we deal with such behaviour here.)
<End_of_keyboard_diarrhea>