Bootloader sequence with time prefix

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon May 20 03:49:12 EDT 2013

On Mon, 20 May 2013 12:37:25 +0530, Dhyan said:

> Is there any uboot config option in to print boot sequence with time
> prefixes similar to kernel option CONFIG_PRINTK ?

I think you meant CONFIG_PRINTK_TIME there - and if that kernel option is
set, all your printks will show up with that, even stuff coming out of
early_printk().

Getting userspace to do it as well is a userspace problem, not a kernel
problem.  You'll have to fix multiple pieces - everything from your
syslog daemon (whichever one you use) to sysvinit/systemd/upstart or
whatever you boot with to output the right stuff on the console.  There's
almost certainly other stuff lurking as well, but your syslog and init
packages are going to be about 90% of it.