Linux Kernel and Device Drivers

Satya Prakash Prasad unixkernel497 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 03:12:37 EDT 2013

Thanks .. I have another question. I was trying to practice some kernel
process management APIs as in
http://reiber.org/nxt/pub/Linux/LinuxKernelDevelopment/Linux.Kernel.Development.3rd.Edition.pdf<http://www.linkedin.com/redirect?url=http%3A%2F%2Freiber%2Eorg%2Fnxt%2Fpub%2FLinux%2FLinuxKernelDevelopment%2FLinux%2EKernel%2EDevelopment%2E3rd%2EEdition%2Epdf&urlhash=3MN8&_t=tracking_disc>(Linux
Kernel Development by Robert Love, 3rd edition).

I am not sure how to practice the code snippet given in the text book. I
can understand the theory but do not find a way to practice. For example: I
want to read a process 'struct task_struct' to find it parent's process
identifier, how many tasks are in which state, creating kernel threads etc?

Any idea?