Cross Compiling a different architechture

Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar chambilkethakur at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 10:14:35 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Ganesh B <ganeshsurfs at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Creating Defconfig and menuconfig (options) for all in one system from
> kernel. I want a clean build rather than an external mount, most I found
> did not have documentation.

there is extensive documentation under Documentation/ directory in kernel
source.
on simple search I got this link about building kernel on knoppix:
 http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=422949&seqNum=3
pretty much on most distribution, you  can install ncurses and go for make
menuconfig and then just make(i.e. if you are native compiling the kernel).
However the config for distributions are fairly complex these days, so you
may require to build few other things like initrd and create devices files
and all.  Please refer to distro documentation for knoppix:
http://knoppix.net/wiki/Main_Page

I would recommend that you read these guidelines before asking any question
on this list
http://kernelnewbies.org/mailinglistguidelines

> TnR,
> Ganesh