How to measure the RAM read/write performance

sandeep kumar coolsandyforyou at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 07:46:44 EST 2013

>Try below points:
>1. I am not sure about snapdragon(is it Qualcomm?) but try
>CONFIG_CPU_DCACHE_DISABLE.
I did that already, device is not booting. In our architecture cache is
tightly coupled with CPU.

>2. You are better off programming some DMA master to do large (and
>uncached) reads/writes to RAM and timing that.
DMA is not a standard way, i suppose, as it depends on what I/O peripheral
we are doing the DMA.

>You should always add arm mailing list and please mention the chip set
details.
>cat /proc/cpuinfo is a great way
Processor       : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS        : 163.38
Features        : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 tls
CPU implementer : 0x51
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant     : 0x1
CPU part        : 0x00f
CPU revision    : 2

Thanks
Sandeep

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 5:37 PM, anish singh <anish198519851985 at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM, sandeep kumar
> <coolsandyforyou at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All
> > In performance benchmark tools, When we profile read/write timings
> mostly,
> > those read/writes are done to cache only.
> >
> > I want to measure my DDR(RAM chip) performance.
> > So i want to make sure, every read/write should happen to DDR RAM chip
> only.
> Try below points:
> 1. I am not sure about snapdragon(is it Qualcomm?) but try
> CONFIG_CPU_DCACHE_DISABLE.
> 2. You are better off programming some DMA master to do large (and
> uncached) reads/writes to RAM and timing that.
>
> However simple uncached LDR/STR from the CPU may not be a great
> measure of RAM controller perf.
>
> You should always add arm mailing list and please mention the chip set
> details.
> cat /proc/cpuinfo is a great way
> >
> > How can i achieve this...Any ideas/suggestions...?
> >
> > --
> > With regards,
> > Sandeep Kumar Anantapalli,

With regards,